Question PC won't turn on after it suddenly turned off in mid-game ?

Dec 18, 2023
So I was mid game and my pc suddenly turned off i thought the wire moved so the power got cut off I tired to check but the GPu white light was on so I tired to turn it on again but all the rgbs showed for 1 seconds and everything turned off again

Dec 18, 2023
I was playing a game, and my pc just shutdown and i tired to take the plug out of the outlet and plug it back in but it wouldnt turn on, (the gpu white light was on, so the PSU was giving power) when i clicked the power on button, the rgb and fans would start working for 1 second and then everything would turn off while the gpu white light was still on.I waited a day and tryed again but there was still no different, the fans and rgb would work for 1 second and shut down.
I still have no clue how it turned off. I only had this pc for about 1 year now, I really hope it there is a way to fix this and it took me 2-3 years to save up the money to buy and built the pc.

Edit: Pc specs

CPU : i5-12th gen (i forgot the model, i check and edit later)
GPU: Asus 2060
RAM : Gskill 8gb
Motherboard : Asus
Monitor: MSI
CPU Cooler: Stock (comes with cpu)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Might want to pass on the game you were playing on your build prior to the system blacking out.

Dec 18, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Might want to pass on the game you were playing on your build prior to the system blacking out.
It worked before but this week idk what happened

Dec 18, 2023
I would start by checking or replacing PSU first. just because there are some lights working is not enough, there are over dozen different voltages and places PSU supplies power to and any can stop PC from working properly.
I don't have a spare PSU... I was hoping it would be the cpu cooler not having enough thermal paste, because that could be possible the cpu force shutting down due to overheating quickly but I don't think that makes sense as it turns off after around 1 second that is not enough time for the cpu to over heat

I don't have a spare PSU... I was hoping it would be the cpu cooler not having enough thermal paste, because that could be possible the cpu force shutting down due to overheating quickly but I don't think that makes sense as it turns off after around 1 second that is not enough time for the cpu to over heat
I wouldn't insist on trying with that PSU until checked or replaced, it can cause a lot of damage.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Dec 18, 2023
I was playing a game, and my pc just shutdown and i tired to take the plug out of the outlet and plug it back in but it wouldnt turn on, (the gpu white light was on, so the PSU was giving power) when i clicked the power on button, the rgb and fans would start working for 1 second and then everything would turn off while the gpu white light was still on.I waited a day and tryed again but there was still no different, the fans and rgb would work for 1 second and shut down.
I still have no clue how it turned off. I only had this pc for about 1 year now, I really hope it there is a way to fix this and it took me 2-3 years to save up the money to buy and built the pc.

CPU : i5-12th gen (i forgot the model, i check and edit later)
GPU: Asus 2060
RAM : Gskill 8gb
Motherboard : Asus prime h610m e d4
Monitor: MSI
CPU Cooler: Stock (comes with cpu)
PSU : Corsair cv650

Note : All the things in my pc are new I bought them from the store, everything working fine until this week this happened.Pls help me out

TRENDING THREADS