PC won't turn on after moving.

sailboatbears

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017
Thanks in advance for assistance: So I took my PC to a different house for a few days and everything was fine. Today I brought it back to my own house, hooked everything up, pushed the power button, and nothing happened. I've tried troubleshooting it and scouring forums for hours and haven't made any progress.
I don't see any signs of life. Tried to short the 24 pin PSU connection with a bread tie, and it didn't come on. Put a flathead to the PWR connection for the power button, nothing either. Switched my Reset and Power button connectors to try to boot with reset button in case of a bad connection; didn't work. Took the CMOS battery out and put it back in. Held Power button down with PSU cord unplugged. Checked all of my connections, disconnected and reconnected most everything. Unhooked my HDD, SSD, and graphics card, to try to boot with just RAM, CPU, and PSU. Nothing happened. I don't get lights or fans or any noise, no indication of life despite it just working yesterday. Just a hunk of metal right now.
Some time a year ago, this same issue happened. One day I got up and my computer just didn't want to turn on, like now. But after a day or so I hit the power button by chance and it turned on; I hadn't had an issue since until today so I thought it was a fluke. Now I'm just really concerned since moving the PC was involved. When I moved it I removed the video card but that was it. Don't think I hit any harsh bumps along the way. And when I first hooked it up at the other house it was fine. Just started doing this when I got back to mine.
Could it be the PSU or mobo? I'm really hoping it's not the mobo; I have a PSU ordered but it won't be here for two days, I need to fix this asap so I can do my coursework.
This is my first rig, I built it almost two years ago. Here are some relevant specs:

Intel - Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Gigabyte - GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Rosewill - 1000W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Corsair - SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case
MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB ARMOR OCV1 Video Card

Thanks again in advance for the replies, cheers

Solution
Not turning on when the green wire of the 24-pin ATX connector is grounded means the PSU is not receiving power or is dead. Note that you should test the PSU like this when it's not connected to the mobo because if it turns on when not connected, but not when it is, then there is a dead short somewhere.
Not turning on when the green wire of the 24-pin ATX connector is grounded means the PSU is not receiving power or is dead. Note that you should test the PSU like this when it's not connected to the mobo because if it turns on when not connected, but not when it is, then there is a dead short somewhere.

Solution