Question PC won't turn on after ram installation

Dsella

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2013
I had 2x8 GB HyperX Fury in my desktop prior, and I thought installing 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance would be no issue.. but evidently I was wrong. I've since tried each individual pair by themselves, 2x8GB at a time. Both are DDR4 2400MHz and presented no issues, until installed.

Everything was pressed in firmly, I've installed ram plenty of times.. plug everything back in (all unplugged while installing) and it simply doesn't turn on. No case fans, no motherboard rgb, nothin. The video card (GTX 1070) does however have the white LED lit up proving it has power.

Is the next step to pull the battery from the motherboard, or what would be advised? All cables appear to be plugged in fine on the motherboard..

Thanks

Last edited:

Dsella

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2013
full system spec?
so you are mixing ram kit?

MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon
i9 9900k
ASUS GTX 1070
2x8 GB DDR4 2400 hyperx fury

Added 2x8 2400 corsair vengeance to this.

also, i've since removed the battery from the motherboard and plugged it back in and installed just the 2 original hyperx fury i had installed.

light on the ethernet port is blinking orange, white LED on video card is on so there's power.. but it won't boot.

MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon
i9 9900k
ASUS GTX 1070
2x8 GB DDR4 2400 hyperx fury

Added 2x8 2400 corsair vengeance to this.

also, i've since removed the battery from the motherboard and plugged it back in and installed just the 2 original hyperx fury i had installed.

light on the ethernet port is blinking orange, white LED on video card is on so there's power.. but it won't boot.
Did you put the hyperx fury back into the original slots? are you sure they're fully seated into the slots?

Dsella

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2013
Update: Unplugged everything besides the power supply & wireless mouse dongle.. booted up, changed boot priority in bios again.. got to Windows and slowly plugged everything in 1 by 1 and we're back to the original setup prior to adding more sticks. Quite confused haha