Question Pc wont turn on after ram upgrade

Mar 21, 2019
Hello,ive just bought a new ram and tried to install it. After starting the pc however, nothing happened. I have black screen (like if it was turned on with pc off). I tried replacing it back with the old ram but it doesnt work either(same thing happenes). My motherboard is Asus G10 AJ. The new ram sticks are Hyper x 16gb (2x8)memory sticks, DDR 3 CL10 UDIMM

NoMercyBeAst

Reputable
Oct 18, 2017
Hello,ive just bought a new ram and tried to install it. After starting the pc however, nothing happened. I have black screen (like if it was turned on with pc off). I tried replacing it back with the old ram but it doesnt work either(same thing happenes). My motherboard is Asus G10 AJ. The new ram sticks are Hyper x 16gb (2x8)memory sticks, DDR 3 CL10 UDIMM
Did the fans spin?
If not then theres problem with the power supply and if it spins and nothing happens check that you put the video cable in the right slot.

Mar 21, 2019
Yeah I did put it in 1 and 3. My Pc is working just fine now. It appears it has been just some Bios problem but it got me confused as inserting old ram back did not help at all even tho it was supposed to. But thank you for your reply.

TRENDING THREADS