Question PC won't turn on after shutdown using Windows 10

Dec 13, 2019
My PC was having a overheating problem and I accidentally broke the CPU cooler while cleaning it. So I took it to the repair shop and had a new CPU cooler installed. This fixed the issue but a new issue seemed to have developed. When I shutdown the PC using Windows 10 the PC shutsdown but doesn't turn on again. The lights come on, the fans spin but no display(not even bios). However if I turn off buy holding the power button then the PC turns on fine.
My Specs:
  • CPU: Core i7 2600K
  • MB: Asus H61M-K
  • GPU: 1060 GTX
  • PSU: 650W

FYI: I tried to upgrade my RAM but the RAM wasn't compatible with my MB.

My PC was having a overheating problem and I accidentally broke the CPU cooler while cleaning it. So I took it to the repair shop and had a new CPU cooler installed. This fixed the issue but a new issue seemed to have developed. When I shutdown the PC using Windows 10 the PC shutsdown but doesn't turn on again. The lights come on, the fans spin but no display(not even bios). However if I turn off buy holding the power button then the PC turns on fine.
My Specs:
  • CPU: Core i7 2600K
  • MB: Asus H61M-K
  • GPU: 1060 GTX
  • PSU: 650W
FYI: I tried to upgrade my RAM but the RAM wasn't compatible with my MB.
When you go to shut down in Windows 10, hold down Shift while clicking the shut down button in the start menu and see if you have the same problem. You may have a bug from fast boot not working properly, so using shift click + shut down should turn the system off as if you held the power button down to shut down the system completely.