Question PC wont turn on after switching cases

Jun 20, 2019
So I recently bought an HP pavilion 590-p0202a and tired to take its components out and put them in a new case but it didn't fit so I put all the components back in the old case and now the pc won't turn on.
The fans on the CPU and exhaust twitch but don't start spinning.
I've tried resetting the CMOS battery but that hasn't worked and I've also tried pushing the cables in but nothing works.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Being as you have effectively disassembled and reassembled, I would follow this guide thoroughly first :Perform these steps first even if you have performed these steps before, it never hurts to double check and the guide does usually solve most problems.

You'll also want to make sure that the MB has been installed correctly on the standoffs and there are no shorts potentially preventing the PC from booting.

Jun 20, 2019
Being as you have effectively disassembled and reassembled, I would follow this guide thoroughly first :Perform these steps first even if you have performed these steps before, it never hurts to double check and the guide does usually solve most problems.

You'll also want to make sure that the MB has been installed correctly on the standoffs and there are no shorts potentially preventing the PC from booting.

I've tried all of the above except for resetting the CMOS battery but thats because I've tried to take it out and it just won't budge

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
A faulty CMOS battery certainly can cause power problems, not as common, but it happens. So I'd try and see what you can do to remove it.

Try breadboarding and see if there are any other results:
- Remove absolutely everything non-essential, leave only MB, CPU, Cooler, 1 stick of RAM, and PSU. (Run integrated GPU if you have it). Then try starting the PC by shorting the PWR SWITCH pins on the MB.