Pc Wont turn on after trying crossfire

Apr 29, 2018
Ok si to start it off my friends pc took a shit, he gave me his graphics card so I could use crossfire in the meantime, he gave me an extra pcie cable for it I saw my corsair 450m had a 6 pin connector on it so I plugged the two in that way, j started it up, all the lights turned on, after about 3 seconds every thing turned off, now I can not get it to turn on.
Amd ryzen 5 1600
Msi b350 pc maye
8gb corsair IV ram
Corsair 450m
Sapphire radeon rx 560
Xfx radon rx 470

Also there is no lights on mono on and no fans spin

Solution
Hi,
Do the following:

1) RX-560 in top slot only, then
2) RX-470 in top slot only, then
3) RX-560 in 2nd x16 slot only

If we assume it's the MOTHERBOARD then it might be only the top slot. If that's the case (bad motherboard). If you do the above three things then it's either motherboard or PSU likely.

*POWER SUPPLY. If still stumped that's what I'd replace since the motherboard is a huge hassle.

If you can borrow/buy any compatible PSU then do that. Wost-case it's not the PSU and you now have a spare.

Chasingfaith

Reputable
May 7, 2016

There is definitely a possibility that you fried some part in your pc. This could have happened because of the (possibly faulty) gpu your friend gave you or because of you using a 6 pin connector from a different type of psu.

You could try to disconnect all parts in your pc except for the cpu and a single stick of ram (and obviously the psu), and try to boot your pc. Your could also test whether your psu is still supplying current (you might have simply shorted your psu)

Hi,
Do the following:

1) RX-560 in top slot only, then
2) RX-470 in top slot only, then
3) RX-560 in 2nd x16 slot only

If we assume it's the MOTHERBOARD then it might be only the top slot. If that's the case (bad motherboard). If you do the above three things then it's either motherboard or PSU likely.

*POWER SUPPLY. If still stumped that's what I'd replace since the motherboard is a huge hassle.

If you can borrow/buy any compatible PSU then do that. Wost-case it's not the PSU and you now have a spare.

Solution