PC won't turn on after working well.

BatousaiJ

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
Hello everyone, I'm posting because I'm kind of at my wits end here so I would greatly appreciate some guidance.

The parts are as such-

Fractal Design Define XL R2 Titanium FDCADEFXLR2TI

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan

Corsair Professional Series AX 750 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold

Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB Kit (2x8 GB Modules) 1600MHz 240-pin DDR3 Non-ECC CL10 Desktop Memory

ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155

EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SUPERCLOCKED 2048MB GDDR5 DVI HDMI

I also have an optical and hard drive installed as well.

So basically, it was working well for a few weeks then after an ordinary shut down, it wouldn't turn back on.

I did some tests and thought it was the PSU so I got a brand new replacement, installed it and it worked fine again for a few boots and then now it will try to turn on and then shuts off immediately.

A few interesting things to note that I tested.

Turning off the PC, unhooking the power from the PSU and the connectors to the motherboard then leaving it alone for awhile, then putting everything back turns the pc back on normally but has the same problem afterwards.

The cpu fan was running slowly at around 200-400 rpm while all the other fans were well in the 600-800 rpm.

I also tried taking the motherboard out looking for shorts with the case and turned it on with the same results.

Anyhow, I'm not sure where to go from here to have this fixed.

Any ideas?

Solution
Hello BatousaiJ,

I have exactly the same problem. My PSU is AX750 and my motherboard is Asus P9X79.
After it starts everything is working perfectly. Restart also works fine. But after shutting down or sleep mode it doesn't restart without cable removal or the following "solution":
Instead of unplugging it I usually turn off/on the switch on the back of the PSU many times (usually 2-3) and it starts. I have the problem for more than 3 months and It wasn't form the beginning. I 've tried many things and discussed it with many people but I cannot find any solutions...
Did you find any?

BatousaiJ

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
Not at the moment, I'm afraid. I have another PC but I don't think it's not compatible with the CPU.

Also, I noticed that shutting off the PC, unplugging the PSU from the back and letting the volt light die out and then replugging it in is able to make it start for now.

BatousaiJ

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
Same situation. The computer will turn on once and then requires that I powerdown and switch the PSU off and wait for the volt light to die before I can unplug and turn it back on into the same situation.

BatousaiJ

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
Checking back in.

Used Memtest using a usbkey and the ram passed just fine without issue.

The current situation is as followed:

The computer restarts fine without issue.

After complete shut down, pushing the power button does nothing.

Turning the power off on the back of the PSU for a minute or so to get rid of the volt/standby light on the motherboard then switching it on then pushing the power button works fine.

A very peculiar problem... anyone have any ideas?

Aris Kosmopoulos

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
Hello BatousaiJ,

I have exactly the same problem. My PSU is AX750 and my motherboard is Asus P9X79.
After it starts everything is working perfectly. Restart also works fine. But after shutting down or sleep mode it doesn't restart without cable removal or the following "solution":
Instead of unplugging it I usually turn off/on the switch on the back of the PSU many times (usually 2-3) and it starts. I have the problem for more than 3 months and It wasn't form the beginning. I 've tried many things and discussed it with many people but I cannot find any solutions...
Did you find any?

Solution