[SOLVED] PC Won't turn on anymore

Oct 9, 2021
Hello,

About 6 months ago I build a new PC and everything was working fine up until 10 days ago,

Tl'dr my PC won't turn on at all, no boot, no lights on the mobo, absolutely nothing. The first issues I had was about 10 days ago where I would turn of the PC and the fans would just go full blast and I would have to turn of the PSU in order to get the PC to turn off.
This happend like 4-5 times and and the 5th time it would turn off after about 5-10 minutes, this issues kind of fixed itself since it stopped happening. Up until yesterday where the issue didn't occur when I turned it off but started it up. I ended up turn it off through the PSU but it wouldn't startup again. Removing the cable and turning it off for 10 minutes ended up working and it booted fine.

Today I had a blue screen (couldn't read since it was all pixelated,blended in with the bg and low opacity) it ended up just freezing my screen and do the whole blast fans thing for 20+ minutes before I turned it off.

After that it never turned back on again :-(

note; nothing works, no led's on mobo absolutely nothing.

things i've tried;
turned off PSU and removed cable for a couple of hours,
Paperclip with PSU (fan does spin)
Screwdriver with switch pins (did nothing)
Replaced cables & socket

PC Specs:
32 gb 3600 mhz ddr4 corsair vengeance pro
2080 super MSI trio
b550 msi gaming plus mobo
750w modular coolermaster gold
Ryzen 3700x

Solution
Try connecting minimum components, remove away Storage Devices, Front Panel Connections, Speakers RGB Lights n all & try to start with just keyboard mouse & boot in BIOS , if successful then you also will be able to see voltages.

The fastest way is to try swapping, your machine components with other machine's working components(but they should also be available, DON'T directly buy new components, before you are 100% sure !!).
Start troubleshooting with most expected to be faulty component, PSU.
Oct 9, 2021
The paperclip test on the PSU doens't exclude it from being a culprit.

You need an ATX power tester to make sure that all the voltages work correctly.

Hi,

I was kind of wondering that already, since the parts are quite new so i'm mainly trying to figure out wether it's the mobo or power supply so I can hopefully replace it under warranty without having to take out all the parts and send away multiple. All issues seem to point at the PSU but i'm trying to get some second opinions on it so I have a better shot at fixing the issue ASAP.

Thank you for the reply though, since I was kind of second guessing on it.

ssbaraskar99

Prominent
Oct 29, 2020
Try connecting minimum components, remove away Storage Devices, Front Panel Connections, Speakers RGB Lights n all & try to start with just keyboard mouse & boot in BIOS , if successful then you also will be able to see voltages.

The fastest way is to try swapping, your machine components with other machine's working components(but they should also be available, DON'T directly buy new components, before you are 100% sure !!).
Start troubleshooting with most expected to be faulty component, PSU.

Last edited:
Solution