Question PC won't turn on, are my RAM slots faulty?

Jul 21, 2021
Today I bought a MOBO of someone (Z390 aorus master) and I'm experiencing issues with the ram slots. Slot 1 & 2 do not seem to be working. When putting ram into slot 3 or 4, the pc will boot to the bios. Putting ram into 3 and 4 will give a message saying to put a stick into slot 2. Ram in 2 and 4 it will not boot up to the bios or anything. Are the slots faulty? Is there anything I can do?

Also no pins appear out of place from what I can tell and it's not dusty at all

Jul 21, 2021
Dual Channel RAM - matched RAM modules?

Motherboard User Manual:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_z390-aorus-master_1001_190219_e.pdf

Verify that I found the applicable User Manual.

Supported memory is listed on physically numbered Page 10.

RAM installation is shown on Page 17.

Ensure that you are installing RAM in the correct pair of sockets.

Hello, thank you for this however I can confirm I've been putting the RAM in the correct slots and I am using supported RAM. Also, I tried 1 stick in each individual slot and still only 3 & 4 worked, with 1 & 2 not working

Ralston18

Titan
Be very certain that the RAM module(s) are fully inserted and securely snapped into place.

Use the motherboard's slot designations to explain how you are pairing the RAM modules.

And those modules come from a matched kit (specs) for dual channel use - correct?

Referencing Page 17:

You are saying that slots DRR4-A1 and DRR4-A2 are not working.

And only slots DRR4-B1 and DRR4-B2 are working - correct?

Overall, if DRR4-A1 and DRR4-A2 are not working with a single RAM (no dual channel) then those two slots may be damaged in some manner.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect the slots for damage or debris.