[SOLVED] PC won't turn on at all/ Working PSU.

Mar 2, 2019
Hello everyone, so I'm having a bit of a problem with my computer. I was playing a game one day and my computer shuts off suddenly and could never boot since then. I tried troubleshooting but ended up getting a new power supply as I was sure it would be the problem(before I found out about paperclip test method).
Long story short even with new power supply it won't boot. The most it does is the CPU fan attempts to spin for half a second and stops and same thing when I had the GPU in also. For this to even repeat I have to cut the power for a while and turn it back on and same thing. It won't repeatedly do this if I don't cut the power between each fan half spin.

Motherboard green light is on, changed CMOS battery with new one and tried resetting CMOS too, applied new thermal paste on the CPU, tried to boot just MOBO and CPU/CPU Fan and with or without any of the 2 RAM modules I have tried in each of the 2 slots. If I have only the 24pin MOBO connector and CPU Fan connected to the MOBO without the PSU-CPU connector in, the CPU fan actually spins continuously. Took MOBO out of the case and assembled everything on a desk still same thing.

If the motherboard would be fried I would like to think green light wouldn't be on if it had power and CPU Fan wouldn't spin continuously on its own. The last thing I thought would die is the CPU but could this actually be it according to the symptoms above? (Intel i5-2500k never overclocked). Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Solution
I would have to suspect that the board is the issue after all the testing you did. The green light is basically just a power-on light indicating the board is powered up. Not that the board is "OK".