pc wont turn on i made a mistake

Jul 27, 2018
Hello, recently i played a game of cs:go ,got mad cuz i had problems with headset then quit the game i was on youtube watching a video i still had audio issues then i got mad i pulled out the headphone cable and accidetly sticked it in the USB port next to my headphone kack then my computer acted weird then i had a no signal in my tv ( i use tv for monitor HDMI) then my pc power button was still lighting and i wanted to turn it off for some reason i holded the button for like 20 secs but it wasnt doing anything the button wa s still lighting and still no signal in tv then i plugged out the pc plug and reconnected it and now it wont turn on please help idk what to do im pancaking and i have been usong the pc for like 2 years

Solution
you want to do some dedbug steps. one clear the cmos see if the mb anti short tripped. if there not post from the gpu or onboard video port. turn the power off. unplug the usb cable if it was the front case ports. see if the mb posts. if there no post take the pc down to onboard video and one ram stick if there no post there look to see if there any fault led on. if there are none pull the mb see if it post outside the case. on testing make sure you have a known good video monitor that works. also pull all of the usb devices even the keyboard and mouse. if there no post it can be mb or power as posted before. on the mb look for and smell for melted cpu chips. you may have dead shorted the usb chipset.
I'm not telling you to do anything...

But, your computer now does not work, and, given a possible full short that likely occurred at the USB port, you will only be able to confirm the current symptoms are a result of a possible bad PSU by swapping it with a known good one, or, alternatively, testing yours within a known good system.

If you swap the PSU and it now works fully, that would be the most ideal of outcomes, i.e., not complicated, not expensive, and only a 15 minute ordeal of swapping PSU and cables.

Good luck.

you want to do some dedbug steps. one clear the cmos see if the mb anti short tripped. if there not post from the gpu or onboard video port. turn the power off. unplug the usb cable if it was the front case ports. see if the mb posts. if there no post take the pc down to onboard video and one ram stick if there no post there look to see if there any fault led on. if there are none pull the mb see if it post outside the case. on testing make sure you have a known good video monitor that works. also pull all of the usb devices even the keyboard and mouse. if there no post it can be mb or power as posted before. on the mb look for and smell for melted cpu chips. you may have dead shorted the usb chipset.

Solution