Question Pc won't turn on if connected to hdmi but turns on with dvi samsung monitor

Jan 3, 2022
Hy all, I got a very strange problem,
I have a samsung monitor S24r35x that wont automaticaly turn on if connected to hdmi and wont let my graphics card display anything
However if i disconnect the hdmi cable or the power cable the pc will turn on and display the image after I connect the cable back
connected on dvi/vga cable my pc and monitor works fine , but i dont want to use that since it wont display more than 60hz

whit other words, if my monitor is connected via hdmi, the pc starts but wont display anything
if I start my pc with the monitor disconnected or conected via dvi/vga it will start , so after it starts i can connect it to hdmi and it will work fine

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see if the issue is persistent on another panel/display/monitor. Do you have a grounding issue in your crib? Might want to also list the specs to your system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of the PSU. Have you tried working with another HDMI cable?

Reactions: cat1092

cat1092

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Welcome to Tom's Hardware!(y)

As was mentioned above, not all HDMI cables are equal. On the other hand, you don't need to spend $50 on one. I've never had a bad Monoprice cable, although make sure to get their Certified ones. Given today's prices & for futureproofing, it's OK to get their HDMI 2.1 certified 8K cables, these will run 8K @ 60Hz & 4K @ 120 Hz. If buying from Amazon, you can get faster shipping & sometimes lower prices, especially if a Prime member. Whenever I buy new cables of any type, even Ethernet, will get the best available, most of mine are CAT6, while the patch cables from modem to router & to 1GB Ethernet switch are CAT7, this was before CAT8 existed, maybe sometime in 2015. Haven't had to replace any yet & these are Rosewill (Newegg house brand) network cables, all purchased on promo the same day.

Have found it best to. avoid low cost brands like Walmart's "Onn" & Amazon Basics cables, the reviews will reveal more than I can provide. My only experience was troubleshooting for others. Monoprice also carries a Lifetime warranty on their HDMI cables. That's the lowest cost place to start & if you have an extra somewhere, swap it & see if HDMI now works, and on the other device. In fact, try the other device 1st, you'll likely know the answer fast.

Good Luck!

Cat