[SOLVED] PC wont turn on if usb ports are used.....but theres a catch

Feb 7, 2018
Ok so I have just had this problem after installing the new windows update and updating my gpu drivers, everytime i start up my computer, and there are usbs connected from the back the pc, it wont load windows. It goes to the windows screen but never shows the loading logo. So i read online about possibilities for why this happens. I check my boot sequence....I only have my HDD allowed to boot. I tried reinstalling drivers with DDU.....that didn't fix it. I then, weirdly, tried to see if something was wrong with my usbs in the back as suggested online. So i start up my pc normally but have disconnected my mouse, my headset, and my keyboard. Boot it up, starts fine. So some trial and error now, I only plug in the mouse, boots up. I then reset and plug in just my keyboard, boots up. So it has to be the headset...right? Restart and plug in just the headset...boots up fine. So my question is.... why in the world does my pc not boot when i have all 3 of them connected??? Please help me with this it is very frustrating, and uninstalling the new windows update is not an option because I need to play Gears 5. Please help me, thanks

Solution
What drivers did you reinstall? Most motherboard manufacturers and prebuilt manufacturers have USB drivers that could have seen a recent update. You should check for both USB drivers and chipset drivers. Make sure you get them from the official website, and not a driver downloader or other site.
What drivers did you reinstall? Most motherboard manufacturers and prebuilt manufacturers have USB drivers that could have seen a recent update. You should check for both USB drivers and chipset drivers. Make sure you get them from the official website, and not a driver downloader or other site.

Solution
Feb 7, 2018
I reinstalled my gpu driver cause it has given me trouble in the past, but this time it wasnt the gpu

Feb 7, 2018
I just tried it and the newest “chipset” driver I downloaded actually downloaded an older version of AMD Catalyst.....fml I’m going to DDU it and just install the USB 3.0 driver. And I just reset my pc and it did not work