Question PC wont turn on, motherboard led is on until power switch is pressed

Nov 11, 2020
Hi!,

I built a pc about 2 months ago and everything has been running smoothly. I have had 0 issues until this morning. Last night I shut down my pc as I normally do and this morning I attempted to turn it on and nothing happened. I checked the power supply and turned it off and on and noticed the motherboard led lights up but when I press the power switch nothing happens and the led turns off. Flipping the psu switch and waiting about 2 minutes then flipping it again will restore the power to the motherboard but again, if I press the power switch it turns off. I have tried the case power switch as well as the motherboard power switch. Please help with any potential solutions. My first guess it something wrong with the psu but not sure. Thank you.

Parts List:
CPU : Ryzen 9 3900 XT
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken 73
Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master
GPU: RTX 3080 FE
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 gb (2x32) DDR4-3600
Storage: (2) Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb
PSU: Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt 80+ Gold

Nov 17, 2020
Hi,

I had the exactly same issue happen today, and my system is kinda the same as yours.
I have:
Ryzen 9 3950X
Aorus X570 Master
Corsair H150i Elite
EVGA Rtx 2080ti
Corsair Vengeance 4x16gb Ram
And Corsair HX1000 PSU
I tried to swap the PSU, but did not solve the problem. Then, I swapped the motherboard to ASUS Crosshairs VIII and everything works well now.
I think there is something wrong with motherboard, but I don’t know the exact issue. However, I heard a sound of static electricity when I pressed the power button. (then the PC won’t turn up) Maybe static charge damaged certain chip on the motherboard, but when I took the MOBO out and look really close, I could not find any visible damaged parts nor any burning smells. Anyway, hope this helps.
(Sorry if this doesn’t help, English is not my native language and I am a first time pc builder)