[SOLVED] PC won't turn on / power on properly after sudden power off ?

Imgoshlok

Honorable
Jul 3, 2016
My PC power turned off suddenly last night, then I couldn't turn on the PC normally. Now everytime after normal shutdown, my PC won't power on by pressing the power button in front of the case (have no power, no fans spin). I have to switch off and on the PSU in the back OR turning off and on the wall-socket to turn on my PC.

I've been using my PC for few years without any power issue until last night. Could it possibly caused by the PSU aging?
Should I buy a new power supply?

My spec:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard: MSI b350m gaming pro
RAM: Teamgroup 8GB @ 2133 x2
GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Super Gaming X
PSU: Cooler Master 550W Gold 80 Plus (I bought this 6 - 7 years ago)

Solution
Sounds like a problem restoring from Sleep mode. When you turn the power off it kind of forces it out of sleep mode into cold boot. The sudden power off could have left some files bad or corrupt. (wouldn't explain the cold boot success though... Is there anything in the event viewer? Next time it happens, wait 2 or 3 min before switching the PSU, then do it so there is a gap in the logs.

AntonyLovric

Distinguished
Sounds like a problem restoring from Sleep mode. When you turn the power off it kind of forces it out of sleep mode into cold boot. The sudden power off could have left some files bad or corrupt. (wouldn't explain the cold boot success though... Is there anything in the event viewer? Next time it happens, wait 2 or 3 min before switching the PSU, then do it so there is a gap in the logs.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS