Question PC wont turn on (power supply buzzing)

help423412342

Commendable
Aug 10, 2021
Hello

After turning on my computer, it turns off and on continously(the fans too) i reseat all the components but that didnt work, then i heard a noise coming from the power supply and i noticed that the fan inside the power supply didnt spin. I dont know what else to do, is it that my power supply died, my motherboard died?
Also, the past few days my computer was crashing one time a day, it just froze and restarted by itself

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Freezing and restarting regularly is a symptom of something serious and it's usually good to deal with that before something worse happens. Sounds like the PSU is dead, but I won't comment on specifics without knowing the specs of the machine, including exact PSU. If it's a power issue, whether anything else has been damaged will come down to luck and the quality of the PSU.

help423412342

Commendable
Aug 10, 2021
Freezing and restarting regularly is a symptom of something serious and it's usually good to deal with that before something worse happens. Sounds like the PSU is dead, but I won't comment on specifics without knowing the specs of the machine, including exact PSU. If it's a power issue, whether anything else has been damaged will come down to luck and the quality of the PSU.

processor: i5 8100
motherboard: asus prime 370-p
graphics card: 1060 6GB
power supply: cooler master masterwatt 550 80 plus bronze
ram: 1 slot 8 gb

I acquired this machine in january 2018 completely new