Question PC won't turn on properly

Jun 4, 2019
My computer is having problems turning on. It gets to the loading screen where I would put in my password and then the screen turns black. Usually I know it's about to black screen on me again as the screen turns on but is not as bright as usual. It often takes like three or four tries to get my PC to turn on properly. Last week I updated my graphics card drivers just in case that was the issue, created a save point on my computer and set the loading screen into safe mode since I read that helps fix loading issues. However, it does not seem to have helped. Is there anything else I can do or perhaps a way to fix this?

My parts:
MB: Z390 A Pro
GPU: NVIDIA GEForce GTX 1060
RAM: 8GB DDR4
CPU: i5-9400F
SSD: 240
PS: 500W EVGA
Hard Drive: 1TB

Hi, I'd suggest that you use safe mode to boot the PC, then uninstall all of you graphics drivers. Restart the PC and boot it normally this time. If the problem doesn't occur, then you can reinstall the newest drivers direct from Nvidia's site. Assuming you are on Windows 10, to boot to safe mode, https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode
Hopefully this might help you.
Conan

Reactions: Vic 40
Jun 4, 2019
That'sa great suggestion, I did put it in safe mode. i did not uninstall my graphics drivers, but I did go to the NVIDIA website and update them just in case mine were behind and that was causing the problem.