Question PC Wont turn on, sometimes wont turn off and reboot on All Games and CPU Stress test

May 23, 2019
So, i got a big problem with my PC, Sometimes Wont turn on, Just the leds, sometimes wont turn off and reboot on All Games and CPU Stress test

My specs:

Asus m5a97 le r2.0
AMD FX-8350
8gb Ddr3 1600mhz Hyperx Fury
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
SSD 120Gb HD 1T
Water Cooler Corsair H60
PSU Corsair CX-500
Windows 10

I know it has some old parts, I'll upgrade but before I would like to make it work again
I've done several tests, GPU, memory but every time I do CPU test it reboot
Sometimes it switches on only after switching the power button on and off quickly at the PSU
It turns on, turns on the LEDs, but does not start
I've tried a lot of things, Someone told me to buy a new PSU, but I wonder if this should really be the problem

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yup, the PSU information is crucial. It tells us how likely that is to be a problem.

Because if it's not the PSU, then my guess is the motherboard is failing. The LE version of this motherboard is notorious for its low quality and it's highly recommended to not use it with a 125W CPU. It wouldn't be the least bit surprising if the voltage regulators has been stressed and then failing for some time and the motherboard is, in layman's terms, burning itself out. Running stress tests with this motherboard certainly wouldn't help matters; it's a bit like diagnosing someone's heart problem by seeing what happens if they run a marathon.