Pc won't turn on unless I unplug all peripherals.

Mar 25, 2018
I recently upgraded my pc and it won't start up unless I unplug everything in the back of my pc except the power cord. I can start it up only then. I also unplugged the pwr_switch on the motherboard, and touched the 2 prongs with a metal screwdriver to start it up, but it still only works when the peripherals are all unplugged. Sometimes it still works with the prongs and the power switch with everything plugged in, but 90% of the time it won't startup unless I unplug everything.

Cpu: I5 8600K
Motherboard: Asus (Tuf gaming) Z370 plus
Ram: Corsair 16gb ddr4 3000mhz
Graphics: msi duke Gtx 1080
Power supply: Corsair 750 watt
Case: Nzxt s340
HDD: WD 1tb hard drive

Mar 25, 2018
1. Have you checked for any yellow warning signs in Device Manager?
2. What was the recent upgrade?
3. What peripherals do you have plugged into your computer other than mouse and keyboard?

1. I haven't checked anything in task manager yet. I will Keep my eye out though.
2. My recent upgrade was for my cpu, ram, and mobo.
3. My other peripherals include, blue yeti mic, Ethernet, wireless reciever for my headset, and webcam.

Might I add, I tried turning on my pc yesterday and all i heard was a clicking noise. The second i turned it off, it stopped the clicking noise until i unplugged all of my peripherals. And it instantly started up. Maybe something is holding back the pc from starting up?

If you upgrade the motherboard you should also reinstall Windows.