[SOLVED] PC WONT TURN ON WAS WORKING FINE YESTERDAY

FAZ98

Prominent
Jul 4, 2020
Hi, everyone

I'm having a problem I cannot seem to figure out. Today, my desktop PC would not turn on. When I pressed the power button, nothing at all happened (no lights, no fans, nothing). I noticed, though, that my USB mouse and keyboard were still getting power and were lit up.

I turned everything off, unplugged the system, removed the system from the surge protector, and removed the surge protector from the wall. I hooked everything up again, but it still would not turn on.

I then tried turning the PC on by pressing the power switch on the motherboard itself; but this did not work either.

I then left it alone for about 10 minutes while I did some searching on this site for an answer. Just for the heck of it, I tried the PC again and it worked. It stayed on and worked perfectly fine for about 30 minutes. After I shut the PC down, I tried to turn it on again, but it wouldn't work. I've been trying to get it to come on for about 20 minutes now and cannot get it to boot up again.

So that's where I am now. Stuck.

Specs :
Ryzen 5 3600
ASUS ROG B450F Gaming
Hyperx DDR4 3200 MHZ

Everything was built about three months ago and has been working perfectly until today.

I would really appreciate any help I can get with this. Thanks!

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
You failed to list the power supply and video card.

1. I would remove the video card, memory, and unplug all power supply connectors then reinstall everything.

2. I would say power supply or motherboard. Try it with a friends power supply if you can from their I would RMA the motherboard.

FAZ98

Prominent
Jul 4, 2020
You failed to list the power supply and video card.

1. I would remove the video card, memory, and unplug all power supply connectors then reinstall everything.

2. I would say power supply or motherboard. Try it with a friends power supply if you can from their I would RMA the motherboard.
Sorry about that I have a Coolermaster MWE Gold 650 Watt PSU and a RTX 2060 Gigabyte.
I have already tried removing everything but still it would not post. I will try to RMA the motherboard if it doesnt fix.

FAZ98

Prominent
Jul 4, 2020
Also just double check your front panel connectors are not loose, sometimes the power switch connector to the motherboard can come loose. Apologies if you have already checked but you never know.
Thank you for your reply but I already checked it took it out and again put it back