[SOLVED] PC won't turn on when USB hard drives are connected

ImKimchi

Prominent
May 15, 2020
Everytime I turn on my pc the yellow light comes on the motherboard and it just displays a command line. But I found out that if I unplug my USB hard drives it boots up properly and there's no yellow light on the motherboard. I just plug my USB hard drives back in after it boots up. What do you guys think is the problem?

Picture of what happens when I boot up with my USB hard drives plugged in:
PC parts:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce rtx 2060
Motherboard: ROG Strix B450-F
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB

Solution
You're advised to not have your portable storage drives connected to the system, in fact they should be disconnected. On a side note, can you go into your motherboard BIOS and see what version you're currently on? What OS version are you working with(assuming you're on Windows 10)?

According to the manual for your motherboard, here, page 1-10, that yellow LED is the BOOT LED which indicates that you're having a boot issue when the USB drives are connected.

Lutfij

Titan
You're advised to not have your portable storage drives connected to the system, in fact they should be disconnected. On a side note, can you go into your motherboard BIOS and see what version you're currently on? What OS version are you working with(assuming you're on Windows 10)?

According to the manual for your motherboard, here, page 1-10, that yellow LED is the BOOT LED which indicates that you're having a boot issue when the USB drives are connected.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS