Question PC WONT TURN ON WHILE THE CPU CONNECTOR IS CONNECTED

Oct 20, 2021
Hi, so i tried litterally everything except swapping the motherboard or cpu because rn i cant do that. The fans start working for half a second and then stop if the cpu connector is connected. When i tried with the same PSU i have but brand new the same problem occurred, but when i took a stronger PSU the fans started but there was no output on the display and the cpu wasnt working. No VRMs are damaged as far as i can see. Also i dont have a motherboard speaker or LED screen for codes. All of this makes me think that my CPU is dead but id like some feedback. And also could this happen if there was thermal paste on my pins.
Specs: Ryzen 2200G
Asrock B450M-Hdv
2x8gb 3200mhz ram
Some 550W PSU

Hi, so i tried litterally everything except swapping the motherboard or cpu because rn i cant do that. The fans start working for half a second and then stop if the cpu connector is connected. When i tried with the same PSU i have but brand new the same problem occurred, but when i took a stronger PSU the fans started but there was no output on the display and the cpu wasnt working. No VRMs are damaged as far as i can see. Also i dont have a motherboard speaker or LED screen for codes. All of this makes me think that my CPU is dead but id like some feedback. And also could this happen if there was thermal paste on my pins.
Specs: Ryzen 2200G
Asrock B450M-Hdv
2x8gb 3200mhz ram
Some 550W PSU
99% it's bad VRM.

This piece of garbage?
napajanje-atx-gembird-gmb-560-8-no-box-560w-8cm-ventilator-20-4pin~8893.jpg

Maybe it damaged the motherboard because it's very bad. Test with a decent PSU.

But it just stoped working overnight
That's the way it happens...one moment good, next bad.

That PSU's suspect. Even if it's not bad most of it's power output isn't even available to the processor. Effectively, it's a 240W PSU at most, but it's doubtful it could work at power limit for any length of time. So it worked for a while, until components value-shifted enough to not work and so it might just be saying "too much...I'm not going to work any more" when you try turning it on when connected to an APU that uses the same 12v rail to power both CPU and iGPU.

Also take the processor out of socket and check for bent pins...one could be doubled over and shorting out to another one preventing operation.

Oct 20, 2021
That's the way it happens...one moment good, next bad.

That PSU's suspect. Even if it's not bad most of it's power isn't even available to the processor so it might just be saying "too much...I'm not going to work" when you try turning it on when connected to an APU.

Also take the processor out of socket and check for bent pins...one could be doubled over and shorting out to another one preventing operation.
I actually ordered both new cpu and mobo bc i was going to replace my cpu regardless in the future and will update you what was the problem

I actually ordered both new cpu and mobo bc i was going to replace my cpu regardless in the future and will update you what was the problem
Worse case scenario is the PSU's bad enough to damage your new kit. Not saying it's a definite but I'd not want to use that one in any case. It's just not very good and will only disappoint in the too-near future even if it does work.

Oct 20, 2021
Worse case scenario is the PSU's bad enough to damage your new kit. Not saying it's a definite but I'd not want to use that one in any case. It's just not very good and will only disappoint in the too-near future even if it does work.
I forgot to say but i will be getting a new PSU just in case also. And will get a 1050ti from a friend. Also i think it might not have been the PSUs fault, because i kept my case open was lazy to close it after changing the thermal paste so my cat might have killed my components...

Reactions: drea.drechsler