[SOLVED] PC won't turn on with 8 pin cable plugged into GPU

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 16, 2020
I boutght parts for bulding a new pc. My Configurations are

core i5 9400f
16GB Ram
Z390 a-Pro motherboard
Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC 6GB.
Corsair 600w RGB Psu

So i assembled everything totally fine. But the issue is when i connect the 8 pin pci cable to my gpu. Pc wont start ,just the front light blink and nothing happen afterwards. And when I disconnect the 8pin pci from gpu. Computer running smoothly. What shoul I do now.

N.B- My motherboard have no hdmi port only VGA and DP port. So I cant even test If my pc actually workinh or not. Thanks

Solution
You might need to test the GPU in someone eless computer to rule it out because if it works without gpu meaning something Wrong with the new GPU so send it back to store and get new one if you cant test it!

If you got DP cable try connecting that to MB to Mointor If It Has DP if you want to see your computer boot!

mchldpy

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
MadsModsat said,
"I don't speak english natively, so sometimes ... "

Your doing good. I'm from South TeXaS and not only do I speak "Southern Slang" but if what I hear and read isn't in the said vernacular, comprehension may be lacking.