Pc won't turn on with gpu plugged in?!

Jun 7, 2018
I was using a 400w psu with a 1050ti gpu and kept having psu problems so brought a 600w soon as I connected everything back up the fans worked half hearted (very laggy) the computer wouldn't boot up properly mother board lights where flashing and no monitor signal, it worked when I used the internal HDMI but not the gpu, I have tried another gpu and done the same thing.. can anyone help please?!?!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Please post your full system spec, including models of each PSU.

Are you using an OEM motherboard?
If so:
1. Some OEM boards do not provide the full 75W via the PCIe slot.... some are limited to 25-35W, well below the requirements of a 1050TI.
2. boards of a certain era are not compatible with more modern cards due to lack of UEFI support

Jun 7, 2018
Thanks so much for replying, I'm a noob here so bare with me .. I'm using a msi z270 sli plus mother board a corsair vs600 pay and I was using a crappy 400w CIT 2.3 passive pfc if that helps...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Hmmm.

The Z270 shouldn't have any issues and, while the VS600 is far from a 'good' PSU, it should be sufficient for such a low powered GPU.

I don't believe there's any debug LEDs or anything on that motherboard, is there? Have you cleared the CMOS?

R0GG

Distinguished

If you know your way around in the Bios, Boot your PC while monitor cable is attached to your motherboard display (not the GPU) change primary display to PCIE or PEG, save, reset bios and switch monitor cable from your motherboard graphic port ( integrated graphics) to your GPU while PC is rebooting or hit reset button or cold boot if needed (turn pc completely off, then turn it back on and boot system)
When you get to windows make sure you re-install Nvidia latest drivers, you should hae Nvidia Control Panel appearing in the Systray and/or in your desktop contextual menu ( right click)