Question PC won't turn on with new GPU installed

DeniSonix

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
hi guys so this is my problem:
i got a new GPU PALIT RTX 3060 Ti dual OC 8GB i connected it to my pc my pc worked for a little bit and then suddenly my pc shut down
i thought its because of my parts because the other parts are old so i went and got myself a new PSU (PSU 850W Gold rated) and still nothing
so i thought it might be a CPU or a MOBO problem maybe their dead because they are old and might be even to weak for that GPU
so i got myself also a new MOBO and a new CPU
MOBO - MSI MAG B560 TORPEDO
CPU - Intel core i7-10700k
then i tried to power on my pc and it won't turn on after a few checks i found out that my pc would start if i unplug my new GPU and connect to the motherboard
and also it would start with my OLD GPU the GTX 1060 6GB but when i put my new GPU in the pc just wont start no lights no fans nothing at all
and if you gonna ask YES i did a BISO update
could it be that my GPU DIED when it's a brand new GPU ????

hi guys so this is my problem:
i got a new GPU PALIT RTX 3060 Ti dual OC 8GB i connected it to my pc my pc worked for a little bit and then suddenly my pc shut down
i thought its because of my parts because the other parts are old so i went and got myself a new PSU (PSU 850W Gold rated) and still nothing
so i thought it might be a CPU or a MOBO problem maybe their dead because they are old and might be even to weak for that GPU
so i got myself also a new MOBO and a new CPU
MOBO - MSI MAG B560 TORPEDO
CPU - Intel core i7-10700k
then i tried to power on my pc and it won't turn on after a few checks i found out that my pc would start if i unplug my new GPU and connect to the motherboard
and also it would start with my OLD GPU the GTX 1060 6GB but when i put my new GPU in the pc just wont start no lights no fans nothing at all
and if you gonna ask YES i did a BISO update
could it be that my GPU DIED when it's a brand new GPU ????
So you've updated the bios? tried to use only igpu and go to bios to reset all settings? then re plug the gpu?
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

DeniSonix

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
1)Did you go into bios and manually set the PCIe link speed to Gen 3?

2)Did you try the gpu in the 2nd slot?

3)Have you tried the gpu in another PC? Try that, if possible, because if it doesn't work after that, then we'll know it's dead/broken.

DOAs can happen to anything.
1) its on auto i can set it to Gen 3 and also Gen 4 but why is it working with my old GPU

2 )yes and its not working

3 )i don't have the option to do that

DeniSonix

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
So you've updated the bios? tried to use only igpu and go to bios to reset all settings? then re plug the gpu?
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png
i have only one connection to the GPU and its a split cable i don't have one that not split

DeniSonix

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
also i dont think its the Gen 3 change issue because why would my new GPU work then suddenly my pc crash and wont start but my old gpu works ???
tried gen 3 only?
did not try to change the bios options yet don't have time right now i will try it later in the evening cuz i have to go
and in case i did not explain myself right before im trying to figure out why
when i had my old CPU and MOBO gpu worked and crashed and pc wont start got my self new CPU and MOBO and pc still wont start with new GPU but without a GPU or with the old GPU the pc would start

ow i will try it later in the evening cuz i have to go
and in case i did not explain myself right before im trying to figure out why
when i had my old CPU and MOBO gpu worked and crashed and pc wont start got my self new

Did you contact Palit support so they can go over troubleshooting with you and replace it if needed? New card, that is probably the fist thing you want to do before you do something to damage it and they deny warranty.

Maybe a power supply issue also. Make sure you have the PCIe power cords in the right spots in the PSU since it's modular. May be a good idea to post some pictures of the connections you have there to the PSU and also to the card.

DeniSonix

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
Did you contact Palit support so they can go over troubleshooting with you and replace it if needed? New card, that is probably the fist thing you want to do before you do something to damage it and they deny warranty.

Maybe a power supply issue also. Make sure you have the PCIe power cords in the right spots in the PSU since it's modular. May be a good idea to post some pictures of the connections you have there to the PSU and also to the card.
i thought it maybe a bad PSU and also on other forums when i explained my issue and we talked for a while people told me it is my GPU took it back to the store and after a couple of days they called me today said that they checked my graphics card under heavy load and it works good so what what can be the issue ????
they also said that i can bring my entire pc to the store so they would check what is the problem but if something happens to the computer it's not their fault and im afraid to take my pc to the store because i cant afford to buy new parts if something happens so what can be the problem ???

TRENDING THREADS