PC won't turn on

armandodp

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014
Recently replaced motherboard because I messed up the pins on the PCEI slot but the now the computer isn't turning on. Motherboard light is on showing it has power, and I did the paper clip method of testing the PSU and it works. I also put back the old motherboard to see if new one is defective and now it won't turn on either. I'm pretty sure I have everything plugged in correctly after 2 people checking for multiple hours.

Solution
Hello Armandobp, your Power supply worked, Mother board power is on, then your problem could be the CPU, did you place it properly, or you mess-up with it's pins on mother-board? I had gone through this once.

Also you said you return to old motherboard which is also not turning up, well, that old mother board was messed up with PCEI pins and you had to replace, it will not turn up.

Another possible is your RAM gone bad?

vlmem10

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015
Hello Armandobp, your Power supply worked, Mother board power is on, then your problem could be the CPU, did you place it properly, or you mess-up with it's pins on mother-board? I had gone through this once.

Also you said you return to old motherboard which is also not turning up, well, that old mother board was messed up with PCEI pins and you had to replace, it will not turn up.

Another possible is your RAM gone bad?

Solution

kalvinkaz

Reputable
Jan 9, 2016
Try fully powering off your PC, and remove one stick of RAM then try seeing if it turns on. Also try putting your RAM into different slots in the mobo. These are just some things that occasionally works for some people.