[SOLVED] Pc wont turn on

Aug 19, 2019
Hi, just put in a rtx 2070 in my pc and now the PC wont turn on at all. No sign of any power whatsoever. Took the gpu out and tried to turn it on and nothing. Put in another psu and still nothing. Tried putting a speaker on the motherboard for beeps but again nothing, took it out swapped around d incase I put in wrong, still nothing.
Completely out of ideas any suggestion would be amazing thank you.

My specs:
Ryzen 3700
Corsair 32gb ddr4 ram
Gpu was a rx580
Psu is a cx 750 by corsair
Motherboard is a msi x570 gaming plus

New gpu is a rtx 2070 super gaming x trio by msi

Solution
Holy crap, we literally had the identical build until my 2070 died and I replaced it with another one!

I mentioned this in another thread, but I had the exact same issue when I was building my machine and it turned out to be the connection between my fan hub and my RGB port, which since we have the exact same motherboard it was the RAINBOW1 header. I unplugged that and magically everything worked! Even though that's exactly what that cable is supposed to be plugged into.

So long story short, I'd try unplugging every cable one at a time and hitting that power button. Could be something that makes no sense.

Mr3dPHD

Prominent
Jan 6, 2020
Holy crap, we literally had the identical build until my 2070 died and I replaced it with another one!

I mentioned this in another thread, but I had the exact same issue when I was building my machine and it turned out to be the connection between my fan hub and my RGB port, which since we have the exact same motherboard it was the RAINBOW1 header. I unplugged that and magically everything worked! Even though that's exactly what that cable is supposed to be plugged into.

So long story short, I'd try unplugging every cable one at a time and hitting that power button. Could be something that makes no sense.

Solution
Aug 19, 2019

Gave that a go, unfortunately still no luck. I'm thinking motherboard might have shorted when I was installing the gpu maybe but i really don't have any idea. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Aug 19, 2019
Hi, so I can now get the motherboard to turn on however I'm not getting anything on the monitors. The motherboard has the boot debug light on and not sure what to do with that.

Aug 19, 2019
Any chance you have a spare video card you can throw in to test with as a troubleshooting measure?
the other day i tried this and nothing had change however I have since got the system to work by just plugging everything back in. Not sure what happened in the first place but its working however, a usb port has died but thats not the end of the world. Thanks for the support!