ali.khal1l3579

Prominent
Jul 30, 2018
Hi, so my PC has been turned off for like 3 months or so, and now when I turn it on, the fans ramp up then it turns off again the it turns on then nothing happens no display, so I took it the mobo out of the chassis to diagnose the problem and troubleshoot, then I tryed taking a ram stick out, and I took the CMOS batteey out to reset the bios, then it worked and the mobo logo showed, but that happened once, then I tryed putting the other ram stick and it didn't work and the red ram led was on, so I took the ram out again and it kept turning on and off until it worked and booted to windows, I turned it off overnight then it booted to windowsthis morning, then I tried putting the other ram stick again, and since then it turned on and I could get into bios like once to reset the settings to default, since then it just turns on but no display on the monitor.

Specs:

i5 3570k no OC.

2x8 16GB Hyperx Fury DDR3 1600MHz.

Asus p8z77-v.

Asus GTX 1050Ti 4GB Cerberus.

Oh I forgot to mention the last time before I could get into bios it kept failing to post, then it posted and I got the message overclocking failed, even though the OC Settings I had before should not have worked cause I reset the bios by taking out the CMOS battery, IDK if the issue is in the memory or the mobo, so help, please.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

ali.khal1l3579

Prominent
Jul 30, 2018
just try booting into bios go into system/ then restore system defaults / save and exit / should restart with no overclock.
Thanks for your reply, actually the problem was with the second ram stick and the monitor VGA to HDMI converter, I connected the PC to my TV via HDMI cable and it worked, now I don't know if the other ram stick is dead or if I should change slots or what.