[SOLVED] Pc wont turn on

dramacydal

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
The mobo light is on but the pc won't turn on / fan won't spin when I press the power. I had this issue few months back but the problem got fixed by itself.

Now since last 2 weeks the pc hasnt worked, so Yesterday I bought a new power supply of 700watt, previously was 650 watt, and it worked initially but after shutting down last night, this morning again its refusing to turn on ( but mobo light is visible )

whats the issue?

specs
1700x
1tb ssd
1060 6gb
48gb ram
b350 strix
new gigabtye 700 psu, corsair 650 ( old )

edit, I do play a game called cities skylines, stupid question buy can the game cause problems?

Please help

Last edited:

dramacydal

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Have you checked the amount of power the outlet is able to supply? Also, could it be possible that the mobo itself is having issues?

ok so right now it randomly powered up on its on, what could be the issue?

for this same reason i changed the power supply but still exactly same issue is still there

I do have a pirated windows, could that be an issue?

Aug 18, 2020
ok so right now it randomly powered up on its on, what could be the issue?

for this same reason i changed the power supply but still exactly same issue is still there
It could be the outlet itself not being able to supply enough power, or your motherboard could be having issues, neither of which you responded to.

I do have a pirated windows, could that be an issue?
Unlikely

Solution

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
I agree with Temp, my old apartment's outlet was scuffed as hell. Couldn't even run a standing fan. Was troubleshooting for days until I found out why and tried a different room then my first PC worked just fine.

Try a different outlet or get that fixed(expensive fix).

dramacydal

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
I agree with Temp, my old apartment's outlet was scuffed as hell. Couldn't even run a standing fan. Was troubleshooting for days until I found out why and tried a different room then my first PC worked just fine.

Try a different outlet or get that fixed(expensive fix).

Could you elaborate more on this, what is the correct output? How to check? 2 months back there a storm/ power went out for a bit, since they stuff gone haywire

even my ac sometimes doesn't cool, now my pc is running and the ac is cooling well to

Last edited:

dramacydal

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
It could be the outlet itself not being able to supply enough power, or your motherboard could be having issues, neither of which you responded to.

Unlikely

I have no idea how to check if the mobo has issues, previously a technician saw the power supply issues.

Im pretty sure now its what you saying the outlet. Is there device i can buy on amazon to check the voltage? thanks