Question PC Wont Turn On

May 6, 2021
Specs (DESKTOP):
  • CPU: i7-6700k
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
  • PSU: Corsair VS 550
  • RAM: 16Gb (2x HyperX 2100Hz 8Gb DDR4)
  • MOBO: Asus b150 Pro Gaming (can't remember exact model, it's the one that has two PCI-E 16 slots)

1. What happened before:
I recently got a new GPU and still had a PSU which was a little above the minimum recommended wattage for the new GPU. A USB cable was plugged when I was on the desktop not needing much powera and got a Windows notification saying "power surge" it said that there was not enough power for the USB cable plugged in.
I launched a game (pretty graphic intense game) and the USB cable was plugged in instantly powering down the computer.

2. The Problem: PC won't start, fans don't spin, MOBO doesn't beep, nothing....

• What happened after:
Motherboard lights are ON, PSU Works (tested in local computer shop), it looks funtional, the MOBO's LED (that indicates that that it's getting enough power) is on.

• What I've tried:
Changing the GPU (result: the same), turning on without RAM (to see if I got a beep from the MOBO), unplugging eveery cable

• What I've noticed:
I was unplugging every PSU cable from the MOBO and I forgot to turn off the PSU, when it was the 32 PIN's (labeled: EATXPWR) turn, the CPU cooler LED turned on, fans started spinning. The pc acted like it was turning on. Sadly only for a few seconds because the EATXPWR cable was 50% loose due to the fact that I was removing it. Bad pin contact? I don't know.
This is bugging me because everything looks like it's working and I know it is because the computer was actually powering on for a brief moment (maybe 1/2 second). I know it's hard to solve this with text descriptions but tell me, what do you think the problem is?

May 6, 2021
c
to a different model?

test with another better quality psu?

Thanks for your reply but I've just sovled it.
If you're still curious, want to know or you're like me and also do it for science, the power surge happened with the RTX and later tested to see if the PSU was dead with a gtx 960 (this one has a LED that indicates if it's getting enough power or not). I also tested my own PSU in another computer when I went to a local computer store and they said it wasn't dead.

What I did to solve it was hard reset on the bios settings by removing the CMOS battery. It was a power surge that killed the computer. This was a mind bender because like I said it didn't make sense that the computer didn't boot with all of the LEDs on.