Question PC won't turn on ?

Apr 25, 2023
For the past few weeks, it's been difficult to get my PC to turn on. I thought it was a faulty PSU (Original is an old Corsair AX860), I bought a new PSU to test and when I switched the cables, still no power when pressing the button. I replaced all of the old PSU cables with the new ones and still no power. I unplugged everything and tested by jumping the motherboard and it powers up that way. I then tested the power button with only the motherboard plugged in and it will power up. But when plugging anything else in, it won't power up. I'm not sure what I should replace next to see what the issue is ?

Parts list is here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Z2VKfv

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I bought a new PSU to test and when I switched the cables, still no power when pressing the button. I replaced all of the old PSU cables with the new ones and still no power. I unplugged everything and tested by jumping the motherboard and it powers up that way.
Should have started with the new cables as well, best policy is not to use old cables when doing a psu swap, especially when switching brands. Now another uncertainty has entered the field of options, means instead of just dealing with a bad psu you could have fried your motherboard or other components.

Recheck all cables if they are well in on both sides, means check psu and 24/8 pin on the motherboard and any pcie cables used on a gpu also sata/molex if in use.

Have a friend with a decent pc on which you can test at least the gpu? Maybe other parts.

How old is the orignal psu btw? If the red/black one does it have a 7 year warranty.

At what point of adding parts wll it not boot/power on? Tried one stick of ram in the second slot from the cpu out first?