Pc wont turn properly on after windows 10 update

alexcharlie

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
My computer turns on but my screen doesnt show anything. This has always happend after when i press "shut down and update". The windows 10 updates seem to ruin my pc everytime. Ive tried restarting then tapping f8 also f8+shift to try to get the advanced boot options to restore my pc to last restore point. is there any other key to press?

alexcharlie

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
the problem is that f8 doesnt seem to work and since nothing shows up on the screen i cant use the command prompt. Ive waited about like 45mins with black screen and pc loading something.

alexcharlie

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
im now trying to make a usb with windows 10 installation media but when i run the mediacreationtool.exe it lets me accept then i pick "create installation for another pc" after that it doesnt let met choose the media is just goes onto the computer. ive seen videos where they have the option to choose the media (usb) ive got the usb in my pc(pc im using to create the media tool)

Mahjabeen8

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
I've had a very similar issue where my of doesn't even power up after the update!
The update was around 70% complete and suddenly the pc went off - it's got power to it as I can see the standby light on but when I press the button to power it up - nothing happens???

Please help!