Question PC WONT TURN

MansterZQ

Reputable
Jun 12, 2020
I connected a keyboard the Scroll Lock Num Lock and Caps lock blinking for 1 sec then when i disconnect the main keyboard (i have 2 of this) doesn't work but my mouse still work, i think i will restart pc and when i restart it it shut it down it won't turn on then and i change the CPU clear CMOS etc and it's doesn't work anyway it runs for like 2 sec and shuts down

MansterZQ

Reputable
Jun 12, 2020
i5 3570k OC 4,4GHz
AsRock Z77 Pro4 (Modded bios for SSD M.2 Function it doesn't have problems)
SilentiumPC Vero L1 600W
SilentiumPC Fera 2
GTX 670 Gainward
HyperX Blu 4x4 GB 1600MHz

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Im waiting for reply.
Just wanted note that everyone on these forums is volunteering their time to help people. No one is paid to respond to threads. If you don’t get a response 30 minutes after you answered someone’s question, that’s not surprising.

Regarding your inquiry, what modifications did you make to your BIOS? Maybe try to temporarily remove the overclock. I’d also try another PSU as suggested already- that one isn’t very high quality.

Edit: Also worth updating your manufacturer drivers.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Im waiting for reply.
This was posted at 2:39 AM American Central Time.

Modded bios to allow m.2 nvme boot function isn't the issue.

To be honest, you'll likely need to breadboard the pc. That means unplug everything except cpu, cooler, 1 stick of ram in 2nd slot and 2 power cables. Absolutely nothing else plugged in. Then try to boot.

All you are looking for is the pc posting and staying on. If it still fails, swap out the ram stick. If it still fails, change the slot the stick is in to B1. If it still fails, then either the motherboard, cpu or psu is toast.

If it passes, start plugging stuff back in, starting with the ram. 1 stick at a time. Keep plugging/rebooting until it fails. Only plug One component in between boots. Leave the drives for absolute last, no point in suffering OS startup.

MansterZQ

Reputable
Jun 12, 2020
This was posted at 2:39 AM American Central Time.

Modded bios to allow m.2 nvme boot function isn't the issue.

To be honest, you'll likely need to breadboard the pc. That means unplug everything except cpu, cooler, 1 stick of ram in 2nd slot and 2 power cables. Absolutely nothing else plugged in. Then try to boot.

All you are looking for is the pc posting and staying on. If it still fails, swap out the ram stick. If it still fails, change the slot the stick is in to B1. If it still fails, then either the motherboard, cpu or psu is toast.

If it passes, start plugging stuff back in, starting with the ram. 1 stick at a time. Keep plugging/rebooting until it fails. Only plug One component in between boots. Leave the drives for absolute last, no point in suffering OS startup.
It's make the same and it fails but when i swap the ram the PC run's but i heard 3 long ram issue (ram is out of motherboard) when i place it back the problem backs

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If it failed with just cpu, cooler and 1 stick of ram (after swap) , connected there's only 3 possible causes. Bad psu. Bad motherboard. Bad cpu.

It could be either. That ASR mobo was a budget board and while a Z77, didn't take to OC well. And it's 7+ years old, capacitors do age and leak.
The cpu, it's 7+ years old and I have no values for the amount of voltage it was under for all that time. And the memory controller wasn't exactly spectacular.
Psu. You didn't say what, but 7+ years is quite a long time for any group regulated psu from that Era when most were 1 year warranty, the good ones 3 years. And as said, caps do age and budget psus start out with junk caps to begin with.

Reactions: MansterZQ

MansterZQ

Reputable
Jun 12, 2020
I check everythink, swap cpu and psu and still same, i even checked voltages on CPU, PCH, DIMM Slots etc and good still, i dont fell hot area when touching my finger to it and i even programmed the bios and still problem exist