Question PC won't wake from sleep or screen saver

anvoice

Honorable
Jan 12, 2018
Hi, I've recently changed the motherboard on my system, and the mouse and keyboard no longer wake it up from sleep or screen saver. I've tried looking for a BIOS setting that pertained to wake by keyboard or mouse, but didn't find one. In device manager, I disabled the option allowing the computer to cut power to all my USB hubs, and made sure the mouse and keyboard are allowed to wake the computer. I don't know how else to troubleshoot this and would appreciate any advice.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 2700X
MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master
GPU: GTX 1070
RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz, 32GB
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W, 1.5 years old
CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M

anvoice

Honorable
Jan 12, 2018
Thanks for the response. I cannot find such an option in Control Panel unfortunately, no power management under either keyboard or mouse in properties. I believe the Device Manager option I mentioned is what should theoretically take care of that...

anvoice

Honorable
Jan 12, 2018
Seems I wasn't careful enough diagnosing the problem. Turns out the PC never actually goes to sleep: the screen goes black, but the fans keep spinning for eternity until I press and hold the power button. Anyone know what this might be due to?

As you replaced the Motherboard recently and this has started to happen it is probably related.
It maybe a short from the chassis standoffs from debris or a screw misplaced. Best is to Benchtest.
It can be many things from a piece of hardware gone bad to a simple driver issue.

Try to describe in more detail what, when and where it happens.

anvoice

Honorable
Jan 12, 2018
As you replaced the Motherboard recently and this has started to happen it is probably related.
It maybe a short from the chassis standoffs from debris or a screw misplaced. Best is to Benchtest.
It can be many things from a piece of hardware gone bad to a simple driver issue.

Try to describe in more detail what, when and where it happens.
Whenever the computer tries to go to sleep, either due to inactivity or due to a manual command, the screen immediately goes black, but the system fans keep running. At the same time, the postcode display goes black as well, but two of the four status LEDs on the motherboard start flashing alternating: according to what I found, they are the status LEDs for CPU, RAM, VGA and RAM. Of those, the CPU and RAM lights flash, with the CPU LED flashing briefly and the RAM one staying on longer. I don't know if that is normal for this motherboard or not.

I will bench it as soon as I can to troubleshoot further.

anvoice

Honorable
Jan 12, 2018
It does not appear to be a motherboard problem, as the motherboard goes to sleep in Linux (live USB) just fine. Therefore it's clearly something Windows-related, although I don't know why it started only with the new motherboard. I installed the latest chipset drivers for the mobo as well, nothing changed. Would really appreciate any advice as the motherboard is clearly good and there's no reason to RMA it, but using it like this is painful.