[SOLVED] PC Worked fine for 3 weeks, BSODS with a RAM error code and now it only boots in single channel, can anyone help?

Nov 6, 2021
Exactly like the title my PC crashed with a RAM error bsod and now it only works in single channel, PC only works when the two ramsticks are only installed on the A slots or B slots, I can't mix the two for dual channel or I'll only get a blank screen, It's been fine for 3 weeks with rare driver crashes that was fixed when I used DDU.

In single channel I used windows memory test and it found no errors, and the pc also never blue screens, so I'm out of ideas can anyone please help.

And yes I have seen the forums where it might just be board flex so I loosened the screws on the CPU fans and standoffs still nothing when dual channel.

I also went to a technician to get it checked out and he said the ramsticks might not be communicating properly in dual channel and said I should just get warranty when the pc stops booting again.

And after 2 weeks of running single channel I also noticed my system is starting to slow down, sometimes windows button won't work, opening apps like a browser also takes time, but so far no crashes still.

Specs
Asus TUF-A520M Plus
Crucial Balistix 2x8 (16GB) (They were brought separately but both have the same part number when I checked)
Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G (Bought separately as well but came from a trusted retailer on the country)

Solution
Crucial Balistix 2x8 (16GB) (They were brought separately but both have the same part number when I checked)
"Bought separately" is most likely the problem. The modules can have the same part number but still contain different hardware. RAM suppliers often change chip vendors so you might have different chips on the two modules or you could have different densities on the two modules. Pull them out and look at them more closely.

The best bet is to buy a matched pair of modules.
"Bought separately" is most likely the problem. The modules can have the same part number but still contain different hardware. RAM suppliers often change chip vendors so you might have different chips on the two modules or you could have different densities on the two modules. Pull them out and look at them more closely.

Solution
Nov 6, 2021

I guess I should've went this route, Will buy a 2x8 kit once I get to upgrading then, Thank you!