Question Pc worked fine for a couple hours but now no post

Nov 11, 2020
This is my build (all part brand new)
3600 with stock cooler
2060 super msi ventus
Gigabyte x570 aorus elite wifi
2x8 gb 3200mhz xpg rgb ram
700w 80+ psu evga

So i built the pc and it worked fine for a couple of hours I installed the xpg rgb sync app and turned off the rgb and after that i went to uninstall the app and as soon as i clicked uninstall my pc turned off

Whenever i try to turn it on all the fans start spinning but no display

I took the system out of the case and reseated my graphics card and my ram (tried one stick at a time in all four slots) and i reseated my cpu and my cmos battery and it still doesnt work (i also cleared cmos by shorting those two pins and nothing happend)

I have the mobo speaker plugged in and it doesnt beep

Four more thing:

-i know its not my display cuz i plugged it into another pc and it worked fine

-When i turn on my power supply(before i turn on my pc) my mouse rgb turns on for a sec and turns off

-the rgb on the motherboard sometimes turns on when i turn on the pc and sometimes doesnt

-the rgb on my ram turns on(not just for a sec)when i turn on the power supply(before i turn on the pc)

So what should i do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums :D

I just skimmed the users manual for your board I did not see anything about needing to enable the beeps. you have the speaker connected to the front panel as described in the manual? the rear regular speakers are not used for diagnostics.
see this checklist step 17 for more on the speaker location. check every step just in case.

if the speaker is properly connected you can test the motherboard by forcing a beep code. remove all the RAM from the system and try to boot. a working motherboard will object in a series of beeps, the NO RAM error code. it has been my experience that is you cannot force a beep coide in this manner the board is dead. RIP motherboard.

Nov 11, 2020
Thank you for your help

I took out both ram stick and still no beeping

The speaker is connected to the front panel pins on the far right with the posotive side on the fourth one from the right and negative side on first one from the right just like the motherboard manual says
So....rip motherboard?

Nov 11, 2020
Its a different model. This is a msi x570 tomohawk wifi
This one does beep when i remove the ram
But still no power to mouse and keyboard and no signal on monitor
And no beeps with the ram installed
And this new board has debug leds and the cpu debug led turns on when i turn on the pc but then turns off

Nov 11, 2020
I think its either bad ram or bad psu
All the fans are spinning so the psu does seem to be working
The psu is a brand new evga 700w 80+ certified non modular (i dont think it has a name)

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2020
Hey so quick question:
Can it ever be the graphic card?
Cuz there is no power going to my mouse and keyboard so i dont think it could be the graphics card right?

Nov 15, 2020
Just switched to new ram and it still doesnt post
Guess its the power supply :/
got the same problem, but no beeep.
yours has beeps, so motherboard is not the issue, have you tried updated bios?
PSU problem normally doesnt start the system at all or will just start for a few moment and shuts down moments later.