Question PC worked fine until recently but now getting intermittent black screen on bootup ?

Nov 8, 2020
My computer setup is the following:

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO Motherboard
Corsair Carbide Series 100R Mid Case
1080 Ti Founder's Edition Graphics Card
Corsair HX750 Power Supply
WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s M.2 2280 Solid State Drive
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB x 4 RAM
Noctua Dual Tower CPU Cooler
Intel Core I7-6700
Windows 10 64 bit

The computer has been working without any issues for over a year. But, recently when I boot my computer the screen will just remain black while I hear the fans and lights turn on the GPU, motherboard and the tower. However, I noticed that the Case Fan is not spinning when I get the black screen.

A few forced power-offs would boot the computer with the screen turning on eventually. In the beginning, only one or two reboots fixed it. After about 2 weeks later, the issue has gotten worse and it now takes about 10-20 tries to get the screen to turn on.

To troubleshoot the issue, I updated the GPU to the latest firmware and unplugged all the peripherals. Still did not fix. I then removed the GPU, and all the RAM sticks except for one. Still the issue persists.

I also tried to clear CMOS using the battery removal method. This helped boot 3 consecutive times without an issue at which I thought fixed the problem. But shortly after, the problem came back.

Let me know if anyone here experienced something similar and has any advice on what I can do to fix my computer.

Thanks!