PC worked perfect yesterday, today not.

hexero

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
Hi! I booted up my PC today, but it isn't working well. No USBS are working, and my PC won't give signals to any monitors (tried 2)

What happend? :(
Specs:
- AMD 6970 (got it for christmas)
- Intel core 2 quad 2.4 GHZ
- 4GB RAM DDR2
- Old motherboard, from 2006/2007 I think
- Corsair H70 water cooler

Help is more than appriciated! :'(

hexero

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
Hi! Thanks for a fast reply!
I don't remember the brand, but that brand does not exist anymore, but made very popular motherboards.

The PSU is a Corsair AX 850.

When I boot the computer it happens the same as always. All the fans start etc. No beeping, but it has never been any.

Even without the monitor you should be able to tell if the system has finished the boot and loaded windows. Even if you can't see it on the screen. HDD disk activity and the like.

hexero

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDV6lxq7IVU
Here's my computer booting. I just came to think of that my HDD indicator isn't connected or something, so that won't help me.

But! On the end, I filmed a thing that shows how far the PC has booted, and it's stuck at C1 or something. Normally it's up at 70 when it's fully booted. May the harddrive be the problem?

hexero

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
Thats the first place to start troubleshooting.
Test with 1 stick at a time. And you can test more than just 1 slot in case a slot went bad.
If you can find 1 stick that is good, you'll probably want to pick up at least 1 stick that matchs the boards specs.