Question PC works perfectly, but has warning lights on mobo startup

Basil

Honorable
Dec 11, 2016
Hi all,

I have been using my brand new PC for about 30 days and it is working perfectly fine.
However, when I start up the computer, the motherboard's CPU light turns red for a second indicating a serious issue!
The DRAM light then turns orange for a second.
The VGA light turns white afterwards but I think that's normal. The boot is complete and Windows turns on.

• I haven't found a way to prevent the DRAM light (sticks are in slots 2 & 4 counting away from the CPU). I have done a MemTest on the RAM, swapped the RAM sticks, and even swapped them out for a brand new pair... I think my RAM sticks are not at fault.
• I have found a way to prevent the CPU light: disable XMP. Weird! you would expect XMP to influence the DRAM light, not the CPU light?? In other words if I don't run my RAM at full capacity the CPU light will show no warning on startup.

A note on the CPU socket: its installation was weird. The lever wouldn't go down, I had to use an awkward amount of force. I already tried reseating it. I have heard from others that some Alder Lake sockets are 'bad' and should be RMA'd...
Lastly, the fans run properly, the temps are always great (30°C-40°C).

Here are the specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core (no overclocking)

Motherboard: MSI MAG B660M MORTAR DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti EAGLE OC 8G

Do you have any idea as to what the motherboard is trying to warn me about/what's wrong or what course of action I should take next?
Thank you!