Question Pc works strange after vacuuming. I know I should not have done it, but I was dumb.

Jan 31, 2023
Hey guys, I have such problem, that my pc works strange after a vacuum cleaner. I did not know that it is forbidden to do it, so I did it. It was in autumn 2022. First time after this process my pc did not want to start (mb lights were on, but no signal on the monitor and no lights on mouse and keyboard). I tried switching my pc on and off and after about 10 times, image appeared, and there was a message that told something like “overclocking failed”, but there never was an overclock! My bios rebooted after that and since that time, pc works fine, if we are talking about it’s booting, but overall experience is extremely unpleasant even till now. I feel strange and unstable input lag, screen tearing is much more noticeable and overall ingame smoothness is not as good as it was before. What did I damage? I guess that it is not gpu/cpu or ram. My fps is still pretty good, as high as possible on my system. Stress tests such as furmark or occt I am sure are able to run about a week with no problems, psu has been changed. Ram also holds stress tests for hours (such as testmem86 if remember its name cerrectly). Please give me some advices! I need to find a problem, I need at least a direction that I will follow! where should I dig?

CPU: i5 11400f
Motherboard: msi mag b560m bazooka
Ram: 32 gb cl 16
SSD/HDD: 1) smasung sata 2) kingston m2
GPU: rtx 3060

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU if you've recycled it from an older build/platform.

Can you also check and see what BIOS version you're on at this moment of time?

My bios rebooted after that and since that time, pc works fine, if we are talking about it’s booting, but overall experience is extremely unpleasant even till now.
Might want to reinstall the OS and see if that alleviates the issue.

Jan 31, 2023
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU if you've recycled it from an older build/platform.

Can you also check and see what BIOS version you're on at this moment of time?

My bios rebooted after that and since that time, pc works fine, if we are talking about it’s booting, but overall experience is extremely unpleasant even till now.
Might want to reinstall the OS and see if that alleviates the issue.
my bios version is 7D18vA3, as it was initially. I have tried updating it to the last one, but nothing changed except fps in videogames. It decreased from 140 to 115-120 in cod mw2, for example, so I decided to roll back to 7D18vA3

D

Deleted member 2947362

One of the reasons I know of why you shouldn't use a hover is it can spin up the fans to the extreme it could damage them.

I'm not sure if you get them spinning faster enough or in reverse maybe that could cause the fan motor to produce voltage like a generator and put volts into the device the fans plugged in to?

Jan 31, 2023
One of the reasons I know of why you shouldn't use a hover is it can spin up the fans to the extreme it could damage them.

I'm not sure if you get them spinning faster enough or in reverse maybe that could cause the fan motor to produce voltage like a generator and put volts into the device the fans plugged in to?
I guss no, I did it when my pc was completely switched off

D

Deleted member 2947362

I guss no, I did it when my pc was completely switched off
I'm fairly sure when no power is going to the PC case fans and GPU fans, if you make them spin up while you was hoovering the dust out of the case they can act like a generator, like all electric motors can. just wondering if that can cause any damage or issues.

Jan 31, 2023
I'm fairly sure when no power is going to the PC case fans and GPU fans, if you make them spin up while you was hoovering the dust out of the case they can act like a generator, like all electric motors can. just wondering if that can cause any damage or issues.
Is there a way to check it?