PC would experience hangs/crashes

Jan 8, 2019
This is a question regarding my pc (built myself), it has been experiencing random hangs (freezes) that were only fixable by manually restarting it. This would happen every 30 minutes approximately. I was replacing all my components 1 by 1 to see which piece of hardware was causing the problem, when I figured out that it was the graphics card because the system works fine now after 2 days of testing. (swapped gtx 1070ti out for gt 635) I am very skeptical though and i'll tell you why

This pc has never crashed/hanged while gaming. Only when I was browsing the web or watching movies etc, anything that wasnt gaming. So how can this be the graphics card? I dont even know, because now that i swapped the graphics card I can do anything on this pc good as new (gaming, movies, internet, etc.)

Solution
There are 2 parts of a gpu one runs the 2d stuff... I suppose it could have gone bad. Never heard of such but I'm out of ideas beyond that
Jan 8, 2019

did that and put the 1070ti back in, it froze on me within 10 seconds of opening chrome. thank you though because i know have more proof that it is a faulty 1070ti

Jan 8, 2019

It is definitely the graphics card which is really weird considering i just got it, but about an hour ago i tested another gpu (my friends gtx 960) and both of the replacements have worked fine. I contacted zotac (1070ti manufacturer) but no response yet on an rma