pc2100 and barton 2600+

hi,

i got problem with an asus A7N8X-X mobo and barton 2600 and
pc2100 i got no signal on my monitor but i'm sure that the graphic card and
agp port work.

When i get off my ram the PC bip and when i put it on with no gfx card it
didn't bip.

i know that the pc2100 is 266 and barton is 333 fsb but is that the reason
with the pc won't boot ?

All the fan and HD are working when i put the power on

mobo : A7N8X-X
ram : pc2100
cpu : barton 2600+

please help !
TIA

ArSeN|K wrote:

> hi,
>
> i got problem with an asus A7N8X-X mobo and barton 2600 and
> pc2100 i got no signal on my monitor but i'm sure that the graphic card
> and agp port work.
>
> When i get off my ram the PC bip and when i put it on with no gfx card it
> didn't bip.
>
> i know that the pc2100 is 266 and barton is 333 fsb but is that the reason
> with the pc won't boot ?
>
> All the fan and HD are working when i put the power on
>
> mobo : A7N8X-X
> ram : pc2100
> cpu : barton 2600+
>

> please help !
> TIA

Check you mobo manual for what types of RAM it supports. Here's what I
found:
Memory
# DDR 400
# 3 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets
# Max. 3 GB unbuffered PC3200/PC2700/PC2100/PC1600 non-ECC DDR RAM Memory

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't "overclock" RAM like that (although
you can put 400Mhz in a 333fsb system - runs slower that 333MHz though).