Nov 3, 2020
Hi everyone!
A couple of months ago i accidentaly used the wrong sata power cable from my power supply and my harddrive turned up dead.

I did my research and bought a new PCB, swapped it out including the bios-chip, the drive now spins just fine but I still can’t find the drive in windows at all. I’ve also tried multiple softwares but I can’t find the drive anywhere, all this have been tested through a USB HDD docking station 3.5”.

The thing is that my PCB number and rev on the broken board is 2060-771829-005 REV A, I ordered an identical product over at eBay but this guy sent me a board with 2060-771829-003 REV A. So this is not really the same, even though the seller tells me this should really work out, I’m not really sure that it will. Anyone?

As I read over at this forum the preamp could be damaged by this accident, but then the drive wouldn’t spin at all would it?

HDD: WD10EZEX-08M2NA0

I’m out of options here guys, what can I do? I think my next move would be to return this board because it’s not the product I ordered, and try to get my hands on a new board with identical number and rev, could that work out?

Nov 3, 2020
Some WD models won't spin up if the preamp is bad, while others will spin up and click.

If you place a business card between the PCB and the HDA connector, does the drive still spin up?

I can try that tomorrow when I have the drive in my hands, will get back with result.

So the preamp could still be dead? Hm, it’s spinning almost all fine now, I can hear a small sound from it tho but it’s not really clicking.