[SOLVED] PCB for Western Digital (rebranded HGST) 14 TB Drive

May 4, 2020
I have a Western Digital 14 TB Drive, (model WD140EMFZ-11A0WA0) hard drive that I have managed to break off one of the pins on the data connector on the drive (don't ask how). I am trying to find a replacement PCB (if that is still what they are called) board.

What I do know
  1. This is a rebranded HGST drive
  2. The part number on the card is 006-0B40365
  3. There is a sticker with a QR code on it that scans to 0B40393C09567_PfL9380RF8 (Note; the lower case f is what is really there, it is not a type by me)
  4. On the back of the PCB card I found the following (I have typed it just as it is printed on the card)
dynamic
KM-VO
E255400
001-0B40385

Can anyone help me get a replacement card. I just bought this card about a month ago, and it was not cheap.

Thanks

Solution
Replace the connector.

s-l1600.jpg
May 4, 2020
I am not sure how I can post a picture. The only way I can generally see is an http link to an online file. I currently do not have any online storage space.

To answer your question another way is this;
If you look at the connectors on the drive, from left to right, the power connector is on the left and the data connector is on the right. The data connector on the drive has 7 pins sticking out (normally). Looking at the connector from left to right, it is the right most pin that is broken off back at the plastic. Investigating the other side of the connector this pin is soldered to the card. I am toying with taking the same pin from a dead drive and do a little soldering to see if I can take the broken pin out and solder a replacement in.

The data connector on the drive has 7 pins sticking out (normally). Looking at the connector from left to right, it is the right most pin that is broken off back at the plastic.
This is a ground pin. It's absence may make the SATA transmissions a little noisy, but the drive should still work. Just keep an eye on the UDMA CRC Error Count SMART attribute.

BTW, did you copy-and-paste the QR code, or did you transcribe it? AFAIK, HGST part numbers begin with OA or OB, where the leading character is an "oh" rather than a zero.