Question PCH chipset heatsink

Oct 25, 2019
Hi,

Just bought an old Asus maximus iv gene-z mobo and was wondering if its worth it to change the paste on the PCH chipset Z68 . i believe its a 2011-2012 model?

ill be running this with i7 3770k and was looking to OC this CPU and was wondering if the chipset will get hot much requiring to need a new paste.

bought it from the original owner and he never touched it. He did confim before purchase that the mobo worked the night before i bought it.

then mobo is not vene dirty at all. seems to be in good condition and just a bit of very light coat of dust.

Thanks.

Oct 25, 2019
Thanks for the reply.
Tell you the truth i havent had the urge to change my current B75 chipset motherboard with the maximus 4gene because i dont have a paste yet and im also waiting for my new firewire card to come in the mail along with a 360mm radiator AIO and delidding tool to come.
Was just wondering first if its anything i should change the old bubblegum paste on those PCH chipsets so when the otherparts come in, i can quickly do everything without waiting for replies