[SOLVED] PCH-FW not listed in BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2021
I have a workstation with an Asus WS C422 Pro/SE motherboard and Intel Xeon W-2295 processor.

According to everything I've read I should be able to see an option in my Advanced BIOS settings called PCH-FW Configuration, but it's not there.

I'm running the 3406 X64 BIOS version.

Any ideas as to:
a) why I'm not seeing PCH-FW Configuration in my Advanced BIOS settings
b) what I can do to get the option to show

Thanks in advance for any help

Rig specs:

Intel® Xeon® W-2295 18-Core (3.0GHz, 4.6GHz Turbo, 24.75M Cache)
ASUS® WS C422 PRO/SE
256GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC
2 x 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER with SLI
Boot drive - 2TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2
Storage - 2 x 14TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5"

Last edited:
Solution
Managed to answer my own question after extensive digging through technical documentation online.

If you own an Intel Xeon W processor you DO NOT have PTT on board (PTT is Intel fTPM implementation).

The Xeon W processors are Cascade Lake W and PTT is not a feature - of the Cascade Lake series only the SP supports PTT.
You can find the feature lists here: https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/microarchitectures/cascade_lake

Looks like I'm buying a TPM 2.0 module ...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I've read through the manual and also seen the BIOS layout in a video with the same board running on BIOS version 1202 and it should be found at the bottom of the Advanced Settings tab in BIOS. Can you check and see if CSM is enabled on your platform? have you looked inside each entry listed under Advanced tabs? I hope you're not running any RAID array.

Sep 6, 2021
Hi, and thanks for the welcome.

So, the option isn’t at the bottom of the Advanced settings tab (I read the manual too thinking I might be looking in the wrong place) - the last option on my machine is for Thunderbolt configuration.

Launch CSM is set to “Enabled’, Boot Device Control set to “UEFI and Legacy OPROM’, Boot from Network Devices” is set to “Legacy only”, Boot from Storage Devices is set to “UEFI driver first’’ and Boot from PCI-E/PCI Expansion Devices is set to “Legacy only”.

I’ve looked in every Advance setting tab option I have and can’t find PCH-FW

There’s no RAID running on this machine.

I kind of know my way around BIOS settings as I’ve built my fair share of machines in the past but as it’s been a while I was making sure I wasn’t missing something obvious.

Sep 6, 2021
Managed to answer my own question after extensive digging through technical documentation online.

If you own an Intel Xeon W processor you DO NOT have PTT on board (PTT is Intel fTPM implementation).

The Xeon W processors are Cascade Lake W and PTT is not a feature - of the Cascade Lake series only the SP supports PTT.
You can find the feature lists here: https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/microarchitectures/cascade_lake

Looks like I'm buying a TPM 2.0 module ...

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.