PCI 64 Motherboard

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

I just bought an 3Ware 9000S SATA raid board that is a PCI 64 board,
I know that it can work on a regular old PCI slot, but I would rather
have it on a PCI 64 slot. Are there an motherboards for P4 that have
PCI 64?

Thanks
Miguel
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

"Miguel A. Gonzalez" <miguelg@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:b8348c8b.0407020727.528c0e46@posting.google.com...
> I just bought an 3Ware 9000S SATA raid board that is a PCI 64 board,
> I know that it can work on a regular old PCI slot, but I would rather
> have it on a PCI 64 slot. Are there an motherboards for P4 that have
> PCI 64?
>
> Thanks
> Miguel

No, the system needs to be 64bit to have a 64bit PCI slot (funilly enough)
You could gett a dual socket P4 board which would have one, or an Xeon in
Itanium board.

Why are you so desperate for PCI-64? SATA wont max out normal PCI

hamman
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Remember he wants the slot for a raid card. In some raid configs, sata can
max out normal PCI.

--Dan


"Hamman" <none@example.com> wrote in message
news:V-SdnQqgU4uKI3jdRVn-uw@eclipse.net.uk...

> Why are you so desperate for PCI-64? SATA wont max out normal PCI
>
> hamman
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

"Hamman" <none@example.com> wrote in message news:<V-SdnQqgU4uKI3jdRVn-uw@eclipse.net.uk>...
> "Miguel A. Gonzalez" <miguelg@optonline.net> wrote in message
> news:b8348c8b.0407020727.528c0e46@posting.google.com...
> > I just bought an 3Ware 9000S SATA raid board that is a PCI 64 board,
> > I know that it can work on a regular old PCI slot, but I would rather
> > have it on a PCI 64 slot. Are there an motherboards for P4 that have
> > PCI 64?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Miguel
>
> No, the system needs to be 64bit to have a 64bit PCI slot (funilly enough)
> You could gett a dual socket P4 board which would have one, or an Xeon in
> Itanium board.
>
> Why are you so desperate for PCI-64? SATA wont max out normal PCI
>
> hamman

Thats what I thought.. I figured you needed a 64bit processor.

I am not desperate, I just thought it would be "cool" :) more than anything.

Thanks
Miguel
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

"Miguel A. Gonzalez"
>
> I am not desperate, I just thought it would be "cool" :) more than anything.

I'm sorry, Miguel, but the provisions of the Homeland Patriot Computer Techician Act expressly forbid you
from upgrading your computer beyond the degree to which it is necessary for it's intended purpose. You're
not a terrorist, are you?

Jon
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Miguel A. Gonzalez wrote:

> "Hamman" <none@example.com> wrote in message news:<V-SdnQqgU4uKI3jdRVn-uw@eclipse.net.uk>...
>
>>"Miguel A. Gonzalez" <miguelg@optonline.net> wrote in message
>>news:b8348c8b.0407020727.528c0e46@posting.google.com...
>>
>>>I just bought an 3Ware 9000S SATA raid board that is a PCI 64 board,
>>>I know that it can work on a regular old PCI slot, but I would rather
>>>have it on a PCI 64 slot. Are there an motherboards for P4 that have
>>>PCI 64?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>Miguel
>>
>>No, the system needs to be 64bit to have a 64bit PCI slot (funilly enough)
>>You could gett a dual socket P4 board which would have one, or an Xeon in
>>Itanium board.
>>
>>Why are you so desperate for PCI-64? SATA wont max out normal PCI
>>
>>hamman
>
>
> Thats what I thought.. I figured you needed a 64bit processor.

No, you don't need a 64 bit processor to have 64 bit PCI-X.

>
> I am not desperate, I just thought it would be "cool" :) more than anything.

They're mostly server boards and rather expensive but, for an example,
here's a supermicro motherboard that meets your P4 and 64 bit PCI requirement.

http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/P4/875/P4SCT.cfm

3 - 64 bit 66MHz PCI-X slots and 2 - 32 bit 33MHz PCI slots.

>
> Thanks
> Miguel
 

Similar threads


ASK THE COMMUNITY