Question PCI adapter not recognized by windows 10

Rextus

Commendable
Aug 17, 2017
Hello everyone,
I recently dug out a PCI network adapter from my old hardware stache and wondered if I can get it working again in my retro high end system. The card is a Microsoft MN-730. However when I install the card, the system doesn't seem to recognize it, and the activity light on the card does not blink at all. There are no device in device manager that seems to not be working or that requires a driver. Here is my system specs if anyone was wondering:
Asus Crosshair II formula
AMD phenom II x4 955
BFG GTX 260
Sandisk 64 GB SSD (not very retro but makes the system so much faster)
500 GB Seagate HDD
Windows 10 pro
When I installed the PCI-e WiFi card from my main system into the retro system, it is recognized immediately upon boot and works fine. I was wondering if anyone else had made PCI network adapter work in windows 10 before, and if so what were the steps involved to make it happen?
Thanks in advance

RealBeast

Titan
It will require the old driver and some tweaking, but I do know that at least some people got it working in both W7 and W10.

HERE is a link to download a version of the driver from MS -- note that this link will start a download.

You will have to add the device manually. Then update driver in the device manager. IIRC you will select network and then select Broadcom in left pane and then MN-730 in right pane.

Not sure that this works in the latest W10 updated versions, so your mileage may vary.