Question Pci cable message while trying to upgrade graphics card

Mar 17, 2019
First off im pretty new to pc gaming and never built one. Bought the one i have now off a guy online. It had a gtx 670 in it and i just got a gtx 950 from a friend. So i put the new one in and plugged everything back up just like it was and plugged in the pci cable for the card and it would have a message on my monitor saying to power down and plug in pci cables for graphics card. So i dont know whats wrong even when i plugged the old card back in the same and then here recently when i power on the pc it dont even show the message but the monitor never comes out of sleep mode. All the fans and the fan on the card are working and spinning as they should but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Mar 17, 2019
Is there anyway the card could be dead. I plugged in my old one again and it started working again and will boot up as it should. So i know everything is plugged in correctly but the new card still dont seem to work even though i know everything is good on it

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Is there anyway the card could be dead. I plugged in my old one again and it started working again and will boot up as it should. So i know everything is plugged in correctly but the new card still dont seem to work even though i know everything is good on it

That changes things; I was under the impression from your initial post that it was still a problem with the old card.

If the 670 works, just give the 950 back to your friend to test; the 950 is not an upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS